- Platform: Desktop
- Frequency: 4.0/4.2GHZ (Base/Overdrive)
- Cores: 8
- Cache: 8/8MB (L2/L3)
- Socket Type: AM3+
- Power Wattage: 125W
From the manufacturer
AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition Processor
AMD FX 8-Core Processor, Unlocked, Black Edition. AMD’s next-generation architecture takes 8-core processing to a new level. Get up to 24% better frame rates in some of the most demanding games, at stunning resolutions. Get faster audio encoding so you can enjoy your music sooner. Go up to 5.0 GHz with aggressive cooling solutions from AMD. What Is In The Box: CPU, Heat Sink and Fan(E3), Thermal Paste is already applied on the Heat Sink, FX Bezel Sticker.
- 32nm Vishera 125W
- 8MB L3 Cache
- 4 x 2MB L2 Cache
AMD FX Processors unlock maximum, unrestrained processing performance for extreme responsiveness
– The industry’s only 8-core desktop processor
– Overclock with easy to use AMD Overdrive technology and AMD Catalyst Control Center software suites
– Supreme power available from virtually every core configuration – also available in 6- and 4-core variants
– Aggressive performance for mega-tasking and intensive applications like video editing and 3D modeling
– The industry’s first and only native 8-core desktop processor for unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with “Bulldozer” architecture
– New 32 nanometer die shrink designed to reduce leakage for improved efficiency, increased clock rate headroom and improved thermals
– Can deliver cores and performance you need without raising the power requirements
-One 16-bit link at up to 5600MT/s
– Up to 8.0GB/s HyperTransport I/O bandwidth; Up to 16GB/s in HyperTransport Generation 3.0 mode
– Up to 37GB/s total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth (HyperTransport bus + memory bus)
AMD Virtualization (AMD-V) Technology with IOMMU
– Silicon feature-set enhancements designed to improve the performance, reliability and security of existing and future virtualization environments by allowing virtualized applications with direct and rapid access to their allocated memory.
– IOMMU is an extension to AMD64 architecture to support address translation and access protection on DMA transfers
– Security for User Level application and Virtual Machine guest operating system
– Address translation and access control
Transform your PC into a multimedia powerhouse
Take your PC’s megatasking abilities to extreme levels with the first native 8-core desktop processor built with dynamic, tuneable performance to handle multiple intensive apps without breaking a sweat.
– Advanced 3D gaming
– Complex 3D modeling
– HD video editing
Get more with the AMD FX Series Processor in your system
Enjoy the highest clocks and the most cores you can get on a consumer desktop PC with the AMD FX Series Processor family, from the company behind proven high-performance processors in the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One gaming consoles, and Radeon graphics cards.
Featuring a 220 Watt TDP, the AMD FX Series processors have special system requirements including a robust liquid cooling system.
Piledriver microarchitecture is the second generation of AMD Bulldozer microarchitecture. The internal core structure has been modified for higher frequencies even without any changes in the manufacturing process. Piledriver has a more precise branch predictor and a larger instruction window with ISA extensions FMA3 and F16C. The execution units acquired an enhanced scheduler and learned to process individual instructions faster, such as integer and floating-point division. And Piledriver microarchitecture delivers higher power efficiency compared with Bulldozer microarchitecture.
Amazing instruction capabilities
Like Bulldozer, Piledriver has some amazing instruction capabilities. Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) increase parallelism tailored for scientific and 3D applications that use heavy floating point calculations. Floating Point Vector Multiply-Accumulate improves throughput and performance on many vector functions (integer and floating point). Advanced Encryption Standard noticeably increases performance on the latest encryption applications like TrueCrypt and benchmarks like PCMark.
Integrated DRAM Controller with AMD Memory Optimizer Technology
AMD FX Vishera Processor features a high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated memory controller that supports faster and low voltage memories and provides new Pre-Fetcher improvements and direct communications to each core in Dual-Core module (APIC registers in each core).